USPS Reports Guide
Report 196 Posting Report
Updated Feb. 4, 2011 - View Changes
This report displays leave transactions that were successfully posted on HM9U1. Posting involves updating year-to-date and month-to-date balances and changing the status field from an R to a P for transactions with a start date in or prior to the current leave accounting month.
This report should be run just after Report 156, Monthly Accrual Process. The
leave accrual date is what determines the leave accounting month. This report
can be run more than once in the event some employees did not receive their accruals
when it was run the first time.
||Monthly – at least one day after running Report
| Sort Sequence
- HNKLA – CURR FY END DATE, LA PROCESS DATE (last day of the month).
- HPRLA – SSN MASK, SORT
| Databases Used
||HØC, HID, HM8, HM9, HMA, HMC, HNH, HNK, HPR, HO8
| Selection Criteria
||Posts all requested leave starting on or before the CURR FY END DATE.
| Produce Output?
| Request Screen
| Posting Report?
| Additional Notes
||The Leave Report Options (HPRLA) screen can be used to mask the Social
Security number (SSN) and to select a valid sort option.
- ORGANIZATION HNH.ORGCODE
- Displays the organization code as defined by the employee's position.
- EMP SSN HM9.EMPLOYEENO
- Displays the employee's SSN (masked or entire SSN will display depending on the HPRLA selection).
- EMPLOYEE NAME HID.RPTNAME
- Displays the employee's name.
- ACTY HM9.LVTYPE, HM9.LVACTYCD
- Displays the leave type code and the activity code of the leave being processed.
- ST HM9.LYACTYSTAT
- Displays the status of the leave before the 196 was run.
- START DATE HM9.STARTDT
- Displays the beginning date of the leave.
- HOURS HM9.LVTIME
- Displays the length of time the leave lasted, in hours and minutes.
- LEAVE REASON HM9.LVREASCD
- Displays the reason code entered for the leave activity, if applicable.
- EXCEPTION REASON DERIVED
- Displays an informational message if the leave entry was successfully posted, or a fatal error message if the leave entry was not posted.
- REQUESTED TRANSACTION PROCESSED
- The leave entry was successfully posted and the balance has been updated.
- HM9 START DATE > ACCRUAL DATE
- Appears when the transaction start date is after the current leave accounting month. Future dated leave cannot be posted until an accrual has taken place for the month of that leave. These transactions are listed on this report for informational purposes only and do not indicate an error.
- NO ACCRUAL RECORD FOUND
- Appears when the system tries to post an entry for an employee who has never had any accruals entered (or had accruals suppressed) on HMCU1 for the current fiscal year. The leave cannot be posted until an accrual has taken place for the month of the leave.
- HM9 START DATE > TERM DATE
- Appears when the start date entered on HM9U1 is greater than the employee’s termination date on H0BUS.
- LEAVE < PRIOR YEAR REQUIRES LOA
- An LOA is required if the transaction start date is older than current plus one fiscal year prior.
- XX CCYY BAL WILL BE HHH:MM-
- Appears when posting a transaction would result in a negative balance in the FY shown (CCYY) and HMAU1 does not allow this leave type (XX) to have a negative balance.
- CAUSES NEG FMLA BAL OF HHH:MM
- Appears when posting a family medical, parental or military caregiver leave transaction that would result in exceeding the maximum hours allowed as established on HO8U1.
- CAUSES POS OH BALANCE OF HHH:MM
- Appears when the system tries to post compensatory time lost (CTL), holiday compensatory earned (HCE), holiday compensatory lost (HCL), leave without pay dock (LWD), and vacation lost (VCL) with OHOL in the Reasn field. Such entries are made to increase an employee's negative balance of optional holiday (OH), to show that the employee made up for the optional holiday taken earlier. The leave entry was not posted because more leave was being applied to the OH balance than was needed.
- LEAVE TYPE INVALID FOR AGENCY
- The leave type is not on HMAU1 for your agency.
- THERE IS AN UNPAID LEAVE BALANCE
- Appears when compensatory time paid or overtime paid (CTP or OTP) is posted and a balance still remains (that is, not all the leave was paid off).
- EXCEEDS MAX ALLOWED BY HHH:MM
- Appears when posting a transaction would result in exceeding the maximum balance allowed for this leave type as established on HMAU1.
- EXCEEDS MAX TIME BY HHH:MM
- Appears when posting a transaction would result in exceeding the maximum hours allowed for this leave type in a fiscal year as established on HMAU1.
- HO8 RECORD HAS WRONG CATEGORY
- Appears when either a family medical or parental leave transaction did not successfully post when the first two characters in the Reasn field on the HM9U1 entry do not match the FMLA Category field on the HO8U1 record.
- NO MATCHING ENTRY ON HO8
- Appears when either a family medical or parental leave transaction did not successfully post because an HO8U1 record did not exist. Enter a corresponding HO8U1 record and rerun Report 196.
- START DT NOT WITHIN HO8 LIMIT
- Appears when either a family medical or parental leave transaction did not post because the start date of the leave entry is either before the leave start date or after the leave expiration date (indicated in the LV START DATE and LV EEXPIR DATE fields for the event on HO8U1).
- EXCEEDS MAX AWARDED BY HHH:MM
- Appears when posting a transaction would result in exceeding the maximum hours allowed to be awarded for this leave type as established on HMAU1.
- EW AWARDED ON MM/DD/YYYY
- Appears when the system tries to post an Employee Wellness Awarded (EWA) transaction for an employee who has a previous EWA transaction within the past 12 months.
- XX AS OF MM/DD WILL BE HHH:MM-
- Appears when posting a transaction would result in a negative balance at the time of the transaction dates for this leave type (XX).
- DATES NOT W/IN CERT RECS
- Appears when the leave transaction did not post because the transaction dates do not fall within the certification dates established on HOCRT.
- CERT DATES OVERLAP
- Appears when leave transaction start and end dates overlap multiple certified leave records.
- EXCEED APPRV FOR PERIOD
- Appears when posting the transaction would result in exceeding the number of hours certified for the event.
- AN SQL ERROR HAS OCCURRED
- Appears when the system encounters an error in the data and cannot continue processing the leave. Call your USPS representative when this error occurs.
- ERROR LEVEL GENERATED
- Displays whether or not the entry was posted. If the entry was not posted, the reason why is listed in the EXCEPTION REASON field.
|I||Information (The exception reason is only there to inform you that the entry was posted.)|
|F||Fatal (The exception reason explains why the leave entry could not be posted. All exception reasons, excluding REQUESTED TRANSACTION PROCESSED, will cause the transaction to fail.)|
REPORT: 196 UNIFORM STATEWIDE PAYROLL/PERSONNEL SYSTEM PAGE: 1
AGENCY: XXX XXXXX XXXXX XX XXXXXXX RUN DATE: XX/XX/20XX
POSTING REPORT RUN TIME: 23:01:54
PROCESSED ON 01/31/20XX
ORGANIZATION EMP SSN EMPLOYEE NAME ACTY ST START DATE HOURS REASON EXCEPTION REASON LEVEL
Changes to this Document
Added military caregiver information to page.