State Vendor Payment Resources
Updated: Nov. 15, 2012 – View Changes
Vendors to Texas state agencies and institutions of higher education and other payees
For most state government payments, the Comptroller of Public Accounts plays the role of both the bank and the accountant. The Comptroller’s Fiscal Management Division processes payments and maintains the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
The process includes these steps:
- The vendor acquires a Texas Identification Number that the state uses to track payments
- The vendor provides goods or services to a state agency and submits an invoice.
- The agency uses the invoice to prepare and submit a voucher to USAS that includes where the payment should be sent based on the vendor’s Payment Options.
- The Fiscal Management Division pays the bill according to state law. For more information, see State Payment Requirements and Payments On Hold.
- Vendors can readily track Payment Information. Here is How to Search Payments Online in the Search State Payments Issued application.
|Changes to this document|
|11/15/2012||Revised information for new “Search State Payments Issued” application.|