FMX Home
Susan Combs  •  Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Unclaimed Property Annual Notification

Updated: Nov. 26, 2013 – View Changes


View entire document


No Events Scheduled


To search for unclaimed property (institutions of higher education only), please follow the instructions on the website.

To claim property, please contact Karen Barker in Unclaimed Property at (512) 463-3609 or


Applicable to

State agencies and institutions of higher education


Unclaimed property turned over to the state includes property that may belong to state agencies or institutions of higher education. If agencies and institutions do not claim property after an annual notification, the Comptroller's office deposits the money into unappropriated General Revenue (GR).

Agencies and institutions are encouraged to contact the Comptroller’s Unclaimed Property Division regularly for assets. When inquiring about unclaimed property, it is important to suggest variations on the agency name as the database reflects how the money was reported, which may not be the official agency name.

Legal cite

Property Code Section 74.601 (g)

Changes to this Document
11/26/2013 Updated for 2013 calendar year
12/7/2012 Updated for 2012 calendar year
11/18/2011 Updated for 2011 calendar year

Printer Friendly

Susan Combs
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Questions? Contact
Window on State Government | FMX
FMX Sitemap | Contact FM
Accessibility Policy | Privacy and Security Policy