Effective Nov. 23, the Comptroller’s office updated the password requirements for all systems and applications that authenticate with a mainframe password:
- Mainframe systems (HRIS, SPA, SPRS, TINS, USAS and USPS)
- Annual Financial Report Web Applications
- Comptroller’s Employee Time Accounting, also used by DPS
- FMX restricted areas
- FTP Reports
- State Agency Payment Search
- Web Warrant Inquiry and Cancellation Request System
Any password changes or reset requests on a mainframe account starting Nov. 23 will have new requirements. For more information, please see Mainframe Password Requirements (Comptroller user ID required).
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts statewide financial systems will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance on Saturday, Nov. 28, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. For additional details, see the Systems topic page.
Dec. 15 is the maintenance/corrections deadline for the fiscal 2016 First Quarter Veteran Workforce Summary Reports (Sept. 1 – Nov. 30). Copies of the quarterly reports will be sent via electronic file transfer (EFT) on Dec. 16. The online quarterly report acknowledgement form (with required complaint reporting included) will be available Dec. 16 and must be submitted by Dec. 23.
For more information, see Veteran Workforce Summary Reports and Veteran Complaint Reporting (FPP F.038).
USPS will be unavailable all day Thursday, Dec. 10, while we conduct the calendar year-end (CYE) file split.
All USPS payrolls finalized after the 2015/2016 file split must have a warrant date in calendar year 2016 and will be reflected in the 2016 files.
For more information, see USPS Calendar Year-End Close Process (FPP R.014).
For questions, please contact the SHRPA Help Desk at (512) 463-4008 or your assigned USPS representative.
Agencies that reimburse employees for state-related hotel stays are due a refund for the associated hotel occupancy taxes. The refunds are generated automatically through USAS each quarter.
The hotel occupancy tax refund for September through November will be available on the DAFR8190 and DAFR8200 reports on Dec. 9.
For more information, see Hotel Occupancy Tax Quarterly Refund (FPP B.006).
Warrant pickup will be available only from 8 to 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25. For more information, see Holiday Payment Distribution.
State and federal holidays listed on the System Outages and Holidays Calendar with no scheduled USAS cycle are excluded when determining the direct deposit settlement date of a payment.
Since financial institutions are closed, no direct deposit activity occurs on those days. Agencies must exclude these dates when determining when to process their payments to ensure prompt payment and avoid late payment interest.
Note: Do not submit USAS or TINS files on holidays when no cycle runs. Files sent on a holiday will be overwritten by files submitted after the holiday.
Due to changes enacted by SB 805, 84th Legislature, Regular Session, the scheduled delivery of the quarterly and annual (cumulative) Veteran Workforce Summary Reports changed effective Sept. 1, 2015.
SB 805 directs the Comptroller’s office to:
- Discontinue the calendar-year based release of the quarterly Veteran Workforce Summary Reports and, as of Sept. 1, 2015, make the quarterly reports available on a fiscal-year basis.
— AND —
- Provide the cumulative fiscal year report to the Legislature before Dec. 1 of each year.
The Comptroller’s office will create a special, one-time Veteran Workforce Summary Report that includes all fiscal year 2015 report information for the period Sept. 1, 2014, through Aug. 31, 2015.
Please note that:
- The report will be made available for download on Tuesday, Nov. 17. *The release of the fiscal 2015 report has been delayed. It will be available for download on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- This one-time special report does not require that agencies submit an electronic Veteran Workforce Summary Report Acknowledgment Form.
- The fiscal policy and procedure (FPP) Veteran Workforce Summary Reports and Veteran Complaint Reporting (FPP F.038) is in the process of being updated with the new fiscal-based quarterly report schedule. The FPP update and availability of the fiscal 2016 first quarter Veteran Workforce Summary Report will be announced in FMXtra later in November. As before with the calendar-based quarterly reports, agencies will submit an electronic Acknowledgment Form after reviewing their quarterly report data.
If you have questions, please contact your HRIS, SPRS or USPS representative or the Statewide Human Resource and Payroll Assistance (SHRPA) Help Desk at (512) 463-4008.