Direct Deposit: Bank on It
Resources for State Agencies
Top Three Ways to Promote Direct Deposit
- Include the Direct Deposit Authorization form (74-176) PDF in your new payee packets.
- Enter your direct deposit agency contact information in the interactive Direct Deposit flyer and email (or print and mail) the Direct Deposit flyers (updated April 2014) directly to your payees.
- Place your customized Direct Deposit flyer and link to the Direct Deposit Authorization form (74-176) PDF on your agency’s website.
Enhanced Protections Against Fraud
- The Payee Number Conversion project removed the Social Security number as a key identifier in payee numbers.
- To provide greater security, the Direct Deposit Authorization form now requires payees to provide both the current and new direct deposit information when requesting changes.
How Does Your Agency Rate?
- How is your agency doing with direct deposit participation? Find out by checking your Agency Direct Deposit Percentage. This page lets you know the percentage of payments you submitted via direct deposit in the past month.
- To review how your agency’s direct deposit percentage has been increased over time, email Payment Services at email@example.com to request a customized report for your agency.
Ensure Cities and Counties Are Paid by Direct Deposit
Texas Government Code 403.016 (c) (2) states that governmental entities are required to receive recurring state payments by direct deposit. State agencies should pay other governmental entities by direct deposit unless there are special circumstances that require a warrant.
The Comptroller’s office is helping Texas cities and counties set up direct deposit instructions on all their mail codes. This ongoing project includes cleaning up existing mail codes.
If you must set up a new mail code for a city or county, please be sure to include direct deposit instructions. Do not establish unnecessary mail codes. If you have questions, contact Payment Services at (512) 936-8138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies and Procedures
Processing Direct Deposit
Promoting Direct Deposit
Finding Payment Information
Next 15 Days
Dec. 9, 2016
Direct Deposit Deadline Paid 12/15/16
Dec. 21, 2016
Payroll Due Date Paid 01/02/17
Fiscal Management classes are available through Training Center. See upcoming classes available on Payment Services.
Call (512) 936-8138 for help or submit changes, corrections and questions about direct deposit to email@example.com.