ACR 28404 – USPS System Change
Aug. 27, 2010
ACR 28404 modifies the Leave Accounting module of the Uniform Statewide Payroll/Personnel System (USPS) effective Aug. 27, 2010.
The Leave Accounting process needed these modifications:
- Transactions were being rejected if agencies sent in prior fiscal year transactions through the Leave Accounting batch upload process as reflected on Report 515 (Leave Accounting Batch Upload Error Listing).
- Also during the Leave Accounting batch upload process, Family Leave Taken (FLT) needed to be restricted for use only on state or federal holidays and must have a family medical or parental leave reason code tied to it.
- Current fiscal year leave balances were not being updated when prior fiscal year transactions in a requested status were posted via Report 196 (Posting Report).
- Agencies with employees who had leave in requested status that could not be processed by Report 196 were still allowed to roll leave accounting to the new fiscal year.
USPS has been modified to accept most prior fiscal year transactions through the Leave Accounting batch upload process (Report 515). An edit has also been added to Report 515 that requires Family Leave Taken (FLT) to only be used on state or federal holidays and also requires the transaction to have a family medical or parental leave reason code. These are the same edits that currently exist when an FLT transaction is entered directly on the HM9U1 (Employee Leave Request) screen.
Report 196 has also been modified to recognize that requested leave transactions are from a prior fiscal year and will now edit and update current fiscal year balances accordingly.
Report 158 (Fiscal Year Leave Rollover Exception Listing) was modified to prevent agencies from rolling leave accounting into the new fiscal year if they still have employees with optional holiday, sick awarded taken, transfer in or transfer out leave records in a requested status.
- HM8U2 (Leave Balance Inquiry)