- The date the agency receives the goods under the contract,
- The date the vendor completes performing its services for the agency, or
- The date the agency receives an invoice for the goods or services.
To review the law in its entirety, see Chapter 2251 of the Texas Government Code.
- Includes supplies, materials or equipment.
- Money owed to a vendor.
- Prompt payment law
- Chapter 2251, Government Code.
- Includes gas and water utility service.
- State agency
- A board, commission, department, office or other agency in the executive branch of state government created by the constitution or a statute of this state, including an institution of higher education as defined by Texas Education Code Section 61.003.
- The Legislature or a legislative agency.
- The Supreme Court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, a court of appeals, a state judicial agency or the State Bar of Texas.
- A person who supplies goods or a service to a state agency or another person directed by the agency. The term does not include a state agency, except for Texas Correctional Industries. The term includes an officer or employee of a state agency when acting in a private capacity to supply goods or a service.