- Payments and Fees
- Assignments of Payments from the State
- Cancellation Fees and Similar Charges
- Membership Fees
- Taxes and Fees Assessed by Governmental Entities
- Payment Voucher Approval and Certification
- Payment Voucher Approval by Oversight Agencies
- Payment Voucher Deletion of Posted and Non-posted Transactions
- Interpreters for the Deaf or Hearing Impaired
- Grants and Honoraria
- Major Information Systems and Projects
- Real and Personal State Property
- Leasehold Improvements
- Purchases of Real Property by State Agencies
- Purchases of Real Property by the Governor
- Purchases of Real Property by the Texas Facilities Commission
- Acquisition of Historic Structures
- Leasing Space for State Agencies and Institutions of Higher Education
- Purchases of Real Property Held in Trust
- Personal Residences
- Damaged, Lost, or Stolen State Property
- Mail and Postal Services
- Employee and Volunteer Programs
- Seminars, Conferences and Group Examinations Sponsored By State Agencies
- State Preferences in Procuring Goods and Services
- Utility Services
- Gifts to State Agencies
State Purchasing Resources
If you have questions, contact your agency’s Purchase Contact or call (512) 475-0966.
Or send a comment, suggestion or question through email.
Miscellaneous Expenditures — Real and Personal State Property
Purchases of Real Property by the Governor
The governor may purchase land or the right to use land required by this state for any type of public use.
A state agency with specific statutory authority to purchase land may purchase the land under that authority without the governor’s involvement.
See also: Chapter 2: Advance payments.
Texas Government Code Section 2204.001(a); Opinion of Texas Attorney General No. WW-526 (1958).