Miscellaneous Expenditures — Mail and Postal Services
The below requirements apply only to the outgoing first-class mail practices of a state agency located in Travis County.
- Purchase, upgrade or sell mail processing equipment.
- Contract with a private entity for mail processing.
- Take actions that significantly affect the agency’s first-class mail practices.
See also: Chapter 2: Interagency Mail Services.
- State agency
- A department, commission, board, office or other agency in the executive branch of state government created by the state constitution or a state statute
- The Supreme Court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, a court of appeals or the Texas Judicial Council
- A university system or an institution of higher education as defined by Texas Education Code Section 61.003, except a public junior college
Texas Government Code Sections 2151.002
State Purchasing and General Services Act, Texas Government Code Sections 2176.0011 (transferring to the Comptroller's office the powers and duties provided by Chapter 2176, Government Code, and providing a reference to the commission under that chapter means the Comptroller's office), Sections 2176.101, 2176.104.