FMX Home
Glenn Hegar  ·  Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Deposit of Sales Taxes Collected by State Agencies (APS 008)

Issued: Nov. 22, 2005
Updated: Aug. 21, 2015 — View Changes

FPP A.015

This APS is being updated to reflect changes made by the 85th Legislature.
The updated version will be available soon (by last week of August).


Applicable to

State agencies and institutions of higher education


State agencies and institutions of higher education must collect all applicable sales taxes (state, city, transit authority, county and special purpose district) when making sales to the public.

Legal cite

Tax Code, Sections 151.051–058, 151.101–107, 321.101–107, 322.101–106, 322.108–110, 323.101–105, 325.021–023; Government Code, Section 404.094; Education Code, Section 51.008; Transportation Code, Sections 451.205, 451.404–405, 452.401–407, 453.401–404.


CAPPS logo

This icon indicates information applicable to the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).

Changes to this Document
08/21/2015 Updated through the acts of the 84th Legislature, Regular Session; added CAPPS information
08/30/2013 Updated contact information
09/30/2011 Updated through the acts of the 82nd Legislature, Regular Session
Glenn Hegar
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Questions? Contact
Comptroller.Texas.Gov | FMX
FMX Sitemap | Contact FM
Accessibility Policy | Privacy and Security Policy